Ro-Koran Malakai

A Chapter in the Book of Lives

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The morning of the 19th day of Ji-Naras in the year 6970

Following some words from The Books of Lives I plan to spend this week seeking out friends of the Ro-Malakai amongst the Giants, Sibeccai and Humans of this city – I hope there are some elders amongst them though I expect many who are friends of the Ro-Malakai will be such as me, endeavoring to bring civilization to this wilderness and ensure the safety and security of the inhabitants. Amongst the broader host here it seems that many have come but I have yet to determine what draws them. Is it what they can find, learn and plunder? How many are motivated by the welfare of these lands? I expect that amongst the Giants and Sibeccai I will find many kindred spirits.

Hopefully I will learn more of the Outriders, there mission to protect those entering the wider ruins may be a noble one though I expect that many of those who sally forth may be doing so purely for personal gain. I wonder how they reconcile their motivations with those they defend if this is the case. Still I plan to learn as much as I can about these warriors so that I can plan to join them and I may be underestimating the motivations of the peoples that gather here.

To this end I also plan on surveying the market in the hope of finding the most accommodating and helpful amongst the merchants. I know their focus is to turn a profit but the promise of repeat custom and honest business may win better service from some who have an eye to the long-term rather than immediate gain. The merchant that we traveled here with may return our service to him with some advice.

First I will speak with the commander again to discover what service I can provide here and how I can possibly join the Outriders, with goodwill, Sasha and Claudia will join me but they both may find something that needs doing within this city. Where the human who traveled and fought with us has gone I don’t know – I wish him the best of luck in his ventures, so long as they be good ones. He seemed to know of the Dragons and the Dragons concern me greatly.

"Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory" I think it impossible to make no mistakes, which of course is one reason why victory is never certain, but following this maxim leads me to believe that learning as much as possible will contribute to a minimum of mistakes and so maximise success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home